Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Sons

I want to update you on my boys. Well, I can't really say boys. Brendan is 5'9" and growing rapidly. He is such a man now. I've noticed that when we go anywhere, girls whisper to each other and smile at him. Thank God that he notices but doesn't let it affect him. He is growing and maturing in his walk with Christ also. This is so encouraging to me. I pray regularly that his future wife is growing too. It is very humbling to know that what I do and how I raise my sons will affect future generations. How awesome to be part of God's big plan.

Ellas is also growing up quickly. This boy is a trip. He has so many mannerisms and personality traits of my great grandfather who died when I was 8. Ellas is actually named after him. Weird, huh? Anyway, Ellas is constantly saying and doing funny things. Last week in his class at church, his teacher asked the class what they would ask God for if He told them they could have anything (like Solomon)? Ellas' answer: I would ask to trade places with Him. Hey, at least he's honest. This what we all do everyday. I, personally, try to make it look righteous. I also pray for Ellas' future wife. She's gonna need a good sense of humor. ;)


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)


How faithful is our God! He always keeps His promises. Cool!!!

No comments: