Sunday, February 25, 2007

Our Trip Part 1

I am here in NC for a visit with Scott's family. We are having a great time. We have been to the world's largest furniture store, over 1,000,000 square feet. (No, I'm not kidding.) This store also has the world's largest chest of drawers, over 37 feet tall. There are picnic tables under it. I took pictures of it. As soon as I figure out how to post them, I will.

We have been to an old, working gristmill. That was very cool. They make the best pancake mix ever. That was a lot of fun too. They also had a little (and I do mean little) shop attached to the mill whare you could buy all kinds of food stuff that is made here locally.

Yesterday we went to Old Salem on the other side of Winston-Salem. That is a fun place to visit. We 're gonna have to go back because there's no way to see everything in one day. They have a children's museum, old toy museum, and a furniture museum of stuff from the 1700's set up in rooms like it would have been back then. There is also an old tavern where we ate lunch; they serve traditional German/Moravian food. All of the staff are dressed in period clothes. The food was out of this world, and there was way more of it than we could eat. They have a silversmith, blacksmith, bakery, too much stuff to list.

Last night we ate supper in Virginia. (Yes, I said Virginia.) Of course, Bob and Judy live on the NC/VA state line, but still. ;) (Bob is Scott's dad, and Judy is Scott's stepmom.) The place we ate was called Ham's and was pretty good. Brody would have a cow there. They have a large scale model train that runs on a track around the ceiling over your head. Too fun.

Today, I am cooking for the whole family. (That's 14 people. What was I thinking?!) I am sooooo praying that it turns out well. Some time today or tomorrow we are all going to have a family portrait made. We've never had one done. That's going to be neat.

Well, I have to go peel some shrimp for supper. I'll write more later. (I promise.)

2 comments:

Emma said...

What happened to Part 2??

Crissy said...

You promised... where's the rest? I wanna hear. I know other people do too, they just don't nag like I do.