Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Dad

Some of you know my Dad, some don't. I feel bad for you if you don't know him. He is a great guy. He's been a good father to Crissy and I. He's a terrific grandparent. Now, don't get me wrong. He's not perfect. He has his faults and regrets. But it is so cool how God has used him in our lives. Our kids think that he walks on water. He is so patient and sweet with them. I'm pretty sure that Dad is their favorite person on earth. To them, he is just lower than God. It is so sweet to see them around Dad. He also has a big heart. I love to see his tenderness, whether with the kids or the older people at his church. He constantly serves others. He is being sanctified, and I can see it happening! That is really neat. If you haven't met and talked with Dad, you are missing out on one great guy. I love you, Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad's are awesome. I've always been a Daddy's girl. When Brandon is around my Dad he will not leave his side. He's constantly putting his little hands up so "Pa" will pick him up. It's a great feeling when you can repay your parents with grandchildren. Everyone benefits from the situation. I would love to me you and Crissy's father one day!

Tricia Speaks said...

Pop is one of my favorite people on earth!! I knew I could always talk to him about anything and then he would kick my butt around the basketball court get out my feelings. He is awesome!!