Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tomorrow, tomorrow. I love ya, tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! Crissy, Terri, and I are going to Destin on a girl trip!!!!! I can hardly wait for morning to get here. I have packed, laid out my clothes for tomorrow, cleaned the kitchen, done laundry. In a word, I'm tired. I still don't think I'll be able to sleep well, though.

Dad and I went to Nashville Monday for his appointment with the orthopedist about his elbow. We got up there late afternoon, checked in to the hotel, and decided to get a bite to eat. Yep, you guessed it. We went to B.B. King's Blues Club. That was the most awesome place! We had a great meal and a couple of drinks while we listened to the band. It was so cool!

The band was terrific and very energetic. Kool from Kool And The Gang was in the audience. That night was really what the doctor ordered, so to speak. Dad and I were able to kick back and just enjoy the night. I have to say that that was the first time my Dad and I have ever gone out like that. Isn't that strange?! I mean, I'm 35. I have been an adult almost as long as I was a kid. You'd think that as much as Dad and I have in common in music and stuff like that we would have done this before. Nope. Monday was a first.

Dad got a great report on his arm. He has to go back Monday for another exam and x-rays. What a lot of people don't realize is that Dad could still lose his arm. Even after all of the surgeries (14 in 2 years), there are still no guarantees that he'll keep his arm. Think about that for a minute. Think about being 2 1/2 years out from the wreck, 14 surgeries, and there's still a 50/50 chance of keeping YOUR ARM!!! I can't even imagine it. I hurt for him every time he winces from the constant pain.

Dad's not the only one still hurting from the wreck. Rhonda is still in counseling for the anger and pain from losing her baby granddaughter, her own personality, her short term memory, her sense of humor. These are all things that she's identified to me as losses.

Bren has to go back to the doctor Monday about the pain in his knee that was broken in the wreck. Periodically, it will swell up and ache for no apparent reason. His wrist also still hurts sometimes. You know, everytime he, Dad, and Rhonda feel pain from the wreck, I get mad all over again. Then my Abba-Daddy reminds me that He hasn't given up control of our lives. Once He calls us to Himself, that's it. I don't have to be in charge anymore. I don't have to bear the pressure of life alone. My God takes care of me. He guides and protects me. That is so calming, so reassuring, so peaceful a knowledge. How can I stay angry, stressed, scared?

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Post again, you big baby!