Thursday, May 22, 2008

Flaky Mom

I know that this will come as a huge surprise for you, but I am not a wonderful mother. Want to hear a few of my funny and slightly scary anecdotes? I knew you did.

Brendan was about 5 months old, and I had to run to the store. I was a mile or so down the road when I realized that I had left Bren asleep in his crib. I rushed home, terrified that something bad had happened in the minute or so that I'd been gone, and he was still snoozing. I called Scott at work completely convinced that I was the most horrible mother on the planet.

When Bren was 2, we lived in Atlanta. Our cocker spaniel needed to go out, and I let Bren stay inside playing. A couple of minutes later, I tried to go back inside, but Brendan had locked the door. I tried to explain how to unlock it, but he just couldn't get it. I had to call Scott to come home from work to unlock the door.

Ellas was about 3 months old when I accidentally locked myself out of our house in Leeds. Ellas was in his bouncy seat on the coffee table, and I could see him through the living room window. Crissy came from her house to unlock the door for me.

God is good to protect my children from their mother. LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol. Kim, cut yourself some slack! You sound like every other Mom I know out there, and that includes my own! My own story...I have a couple...I forgot to buckle Brandon in the carseat, not once but twice. I turned around and there he was in the car seat in the floor board. And I fondly remember "argueing" with him when he was 6 months old because he wouldn't eat. I'm sure I'm due for a couple more stories as time goes on!