Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Top 3 Fave Quotes

I'm not really gonna blog. I'm just going to post my favorite quotes. I got these from the great Reverend Doctor Burt Boykin. lol (Burt, I love to yank your chain!)

1.) It is impossible for a believer, no matter what his experience, to keep right with God if he will not take the trouble to spend time with God. Spend plenty of time with Him; let other things go, but don't neglect Him.
J. Oswald Sanders

2.) To encounter Christ is to touch reality and experience transcendence. He gives us a sense of self-worth or personal significance, because He assures us of God's love for us. He sets us free from guilt because He died for us...and from paralyzing fear because He reigns...He gives meaning to marriage and home, work and leisure, personhood and citizenship.
John Stott

3.) He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
Aeschylus

No comments: