Friday, October 03, 2008

My Life Lately

Well, I'm back in Blogland. I've been tired, busy, stressed, etc. However, I have decided to blog anyway. :)

I'm gonna start now, and I'll stop when my hands are tired.

*Wednesday of last week, we drove all day to my in-laws in North Carolina. They live 5 miles from the Virginia state line. We had been there for 45 minutes when Crissy called to say that Pawpaw had died. We spent Thursday on a whirlwind tour through the area, seeing family. We left at 8:30 that evening and drove all night. After getting home at 3:30 Friday morning, we had to be in Jasper before noon for the funeral.

*My grandfather's funeral in Jasper, let me just say "crazy people!!!" Crissy was stalked by our weird 3rd cousin. When he got bored with that, he started after me. UGH! I have to say that the funeral was what we expected. I'm so glad that God prepared our hearts. People have asked us how we are doing and are shocked when we say fine. It was typically them. No more to say about that.

*My family and Crissy's spent the night Sunday night at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. We ate supper at the Big River Grille, followed by dessert from Ben & Jerry's for some of us and shakes from Cheeburger-Cheeburger for the rest of us. Monday was spent at Rock City and Ruby Falls. Lots of fun. Crissy and I hadn't been since we were little.

*I'm limping and walking with the use of a cane. I had a painful plantar's wart removed from the ball of my right foot Tuesday morning. It's uncomfortable, but not nearly as painful as it was before I went to the doctor.

*Brendan is at his football game in McCalla, and I'm at Crissy's with friends. Kinda stressing over the fact that I'm not there. I'm glad that he's getting to play considering that he broke a finger playing catch with Ty on Wednesday. We spent Thursday afternoon at our family orthopedist's office getting his finger splinted. Fun times!

Now aren't you glad that you aren't in my blood-family?!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am in your blood family.

Just sos you know.

Crissy said...

What a week... we need a vacation!

Missy said...

I'm just glad I'm not friends with any of you.