Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random Updates and Musings

A lot has happened in the month since my last post. So here is a rundown:

1.) I have seen Twilight 3 times, and I am trying to figure out where to get the cash to go see it again. Does that make me obsessed? Don't answer that! I don't want to know. :)

2.) We had 24 people at our house for Thanksgiving! I absolutely loved it. So much fun. We were packed in like sardines, but God graciously provided good weather. This allowed the kids to eat on the back deck and play outside. They had a blast, and so did the adults. We talked and laughed for long time.

3.) I had to take Scott to the ER Saturday, November 29th because he was having chest pain and high blood pressure. (Totally unrelated to my Twilight obsession. LOL) The ER doc said that his heart rhythm and thyroid function are both abnormal. We have to follow-up on those. He was given medication to help with his heart in the meantime.

4.) Wednesday the 3rd, Brendan took Ellas to piano. Ellas got out of the truck but left the door open. Bren leaned over to close it, and when he looked out, couldn't see Ellas anywhere. Bren assumed he had gone into the church for his lesson and started to leave. Meanwhile, Ellas had dropped a lightsaber and had bent down to retrieve it. Bren's bumper knocked him over and snagged his coat, dragging him a little ways. However, it also prevented Ellas from being run over by the wheels. He ended up with bad roadrash on his right side and ankle, and that was the extent of his injuries. God is very good to us!!!

5.) Scott went to the cardiologist Monday, the 8th for a stress test, an EKG, and a heart ultrasound. The doc reviewed them and said that they looked good except for the arrhythmia, but she wanted him to be seen by another cardiologist. So we went downstairs, and that doc told us that, except for the arrythmia, his heart sounded good. However, he wants to do a nuclear stress test to confirm that Scott's heart is fine. Both docs said that thyroid problems can cause heart issues. Who knew?!

6.) Wednesday the 10th, Scott went to our primary care doc for thyroid blood tests. We were supposed to get the results today, but didn't hear from the office. I'll call them in the morning.

7.) We found out yesterday that Scott's mother, who died when he was 2, had a lot of trouble with her thyroid. Family medical history is very important to know!!! It can play a huge role in diagnosing and treating Scott's problem.

8.) We found out not long ago that Nancy, my friend and Bren's girlfriend's mother, has cancer on and in her thyroid. She's having surgery on the 16th to remove the tumors and at least part of the gland. They're not sure how extensive the cancer is. The docs have said that it has likely been there for years and is a very slow-growing form. Pray for their family.

9.) I am trying to plan a little getaway for our family, but can't find dates that will work. The trip is paid for; I just have to finalize the dates. ARGH! I'm calling them tomorrow morning to get this settled and off my to-do list.

10.) I am STILL wanting to go see Twilight again! If anyone wants company to see it, if you pay my way, I will be more than happy to keep you company! Sad, I know. ;)

That's all I can think of right now. I have to go to bed. I have a full day tomorrow. Lots of stuff to do.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. That is a lot! I am referring to everything that is going on, not the amount of times you've seen twilight. Although that is a lot too ;)

heather said...

If I liked Twilight I would pay for you but really don't think I could sit through it again. Unless you smuggle in a little of that special wine you make. Then maybe.