Saturday, September 01, 2012

Where's Jack Frost When I Need Him?!

I am sooooo looking forward to cold weather after our scorching summer. The weather is finally fallish. All that really means is that temps are finally, amazingly, consistently below 98*. However, this gives me hope that cooler days are just around the calendar corner. It also reassures me that I didn't dream last winter. Maybe I WILL be able to wear the new boots I got and will stop sweating at the thought.

One of the things I really enjoy about the days getting cooler is that I get to cook stuff that it's just too darn hot to cook the rest of the time. Desserts, casseroles, basically anything requiring the use of my oven, these things are all taboo in the sweltering Deep South between May and October. 

One of my new loves, thanks to Pinterest, is breakfast. My DH loves oatmeal or eggs, but is somewhat of a purist. My DS tries to be picky and so prefers sugary cereal. They want familiar tastes and textures but also ask for variety. Hmm. Soooooo, I am trying to mix up the menu by adding exciting new recipes to the tried and true collection. I found this amazing one for Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal over at Budget Bytes. There are !17! more delish ideas over there. Another great one is banana oatmeal muffins from Keeping Up With the Joneses. Oh. My. Yumness.


baked pumpkin pie oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
               
breakfast cookie
Breakfast Cookies
Gluten-free Goddess Whole Grain Strawberry Muffins
Strawberry Muffins
1-Minute Berrylicious Microwave Muffin
There are a couple of recipes that I have yet to try, but they look incredible. These breakfast cookies from wisebread.com, these strawberry muffins from the Gluten Free Goddess, and this Berrylicious Muffin goodness shared by meemo88 on myfitnesspal.com are queued and waiting. When I give them a whirl, I'll let you know how yummy they are. :)

Now, I'm for bed. I'm helping with Toddler Worship in the morning. I foresee lots of potty trips, and I need to be rested for this. lol

1 comment:

Virginia said...

YUM! I'm definitely checking out those breakfast cookies... those would be great for busy school mornings!