Sunday, October 30, 2005

Shock and Awe

You know, sometimes I don't see what's right in front of me. I take my life for granted, like I deserve it or something. It constantly amazes me that God knew me when He was creating the sun, moon, and stars. He didn't have a vague idea. He knew my name, the day of my birth, the day of my death, and everything in between. When He was telling Noah to build the ark, God had my life planned. How cool is that?!

If you really stop to think about this, God planned every detail in my life, no matter how small. He created, protected, and guided Scott to me. I didn't pick him; Scott didn't pick me. God chose us for each other. Everything in my past, in Scott's past, was preparing us for our life together. That just wows me everytime I think about it.

The next thought that I have is that God already has my boys' lives planned too. He is, right now, preparing their wives and in-laws. This is why Mom prayed for our future husbands from the time we were born. God had revealed a part of Himself to her, had told her that He knew what was in store for us. God is such an awesome Daddy!!!!!!

Sometimes, I can't help but talk this through. God's sovereignty amazes me. He humbles me. He soothes my fears. He is my foundation.

3 comments:

Crissy said...

I read it and I love it!

Unknown said...

no not Kaitlin miss Angela!

Unknown said...

I'm not stupid I know what your thinking!