Saturday, June 10, 2006

Vacation Memories

We have been back from vacation for a week now. Scott, the boys, and I went to Mobile and Dauphin Island and camped for a few days. It was fabulous!!! It didn't get too hot. We were right on the beach. We could bike to just about anything we wanted to do on the island. It was a lot of fun.

We went to the U.S.S. Alabama. It was the first time I had been in 20 years or more. The boys loved the submarine the best, I think. We spent hours crawling up and down ladders, learning and exploring.

We had some really good seafood while we were gone too. The first retaurant we went to was touristy but okay. The place where we ate supper our last night was outstanding. It was very small, right on the water, and was mostly a locals' kind of place. There were no souvenirs, no gift shop, no t-shirts for sale.

I kinda had my doubts about camping at the beach in June, but I'm really glad that we went. I hope we go back soon.

1 comment:

Crissy said...

Aaahhh. The beach. Anytime's a good time for the beach. I'm glad you had fun and I'm really glad you're back home. I missed you!